|FUSS hosts an FUSD district-wide Talent Show every year in November since 2012 as a way to raise money to support all students and school programs in FUSD, and to raise appreciation for talents among all 42 schools.
The event includes 5 categories (i.e. Choir, Teacher/Staff, High School, Middle School/Jr. High School, Elementary School) and is open to all FUSD schools. Only 1 act from each of the following 3 categories can represent the school:
1. Choir Act 2. Student Act 3. Teacher/Staff Act
Winners will be able to win up to $2,400 for their schools:
- Choir 1st Place Cash Award: $800
- Teacher/Staff 1st Place Cash Award: $800
- High School 1st Place Cash Award: $800
- Middle School / Jr. High 1st Place Cash Award: $800
- Elementary School 1st Place Cash Award: $800
- Elementary School 2nd Place Cash Award: $500
- Elementary School 3rd Place Cash Award: $300
- Elementary School 4th Place Cash Award: $200
- Elementary School 5th Place Cash Award: $100
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Each act should be a form of performing art (e.g. singing, instrument, dancing, acting)
- Each act (except Choir which gets 7 minutes) must not exceed 5 minutes, or points will be deducted
- To qualify as “Choir”, the group of student singers representing the school needs to be led/conducted by an FUSD staff/teacher or representative
- Each school can be represented by 3 acts – one act from each of the 3 categories (Choir; Teacher/Staff; Student).
- Participants need to get permission from the school principal or his/her delegate before signing up to represent the school.
- All performers must be FUSD students or teachers/staff
- All performers should be from the same school. (Please contact us if they are not.)
- An act which involves both students and staff/teachers can only fall under 1 category. It must be clearly specified either as a student or staff/teacher act at the time of application.
- Acts will be judged on Creativity, Technical Skills, & Showmanship