Weibel Math Club would like to invite all schools, study centers and independent student groups in Fremont to send one or more teams to the Fremont Math Tournament, where teams of students in grades 4, 5, 6 will compete face-to-faceat Fred E. Weibel Elementary School, 45135 S Grimmer Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539. Date and time to be confirmed.
The opportunity for students to grow mathematically is unsurpassed, the problems are clever, engaging, and challenging, and the atmosphere is exciting for student and teacher alike.
1. Each team is composed of five students in grades 4, 5, 6. A team may have students from different grades and different schools.
2. All students will receive a certificate of participation. High scorers, both individual and team, will receive certificates and awards.
3. Since space is limited and acceptance is on a first-received, first registered basis, you should register all your teams as quickly as possible. Five teams will be accepted from each school until the registration deadline, October 02, 2016 or until space is available (whichever happens earlier). Additional teams from schools will then be accepted as space permits. Within One week of acceptance we will send a confirmation email or letter. If the Tournament is oversubscribed, the affected teams will be notified.
4. A teacher or an adult who will proctor a team from another school must accompany each team.
5. There are two events: Individual Event (10 individual problems) and Team Event (10 team problems).
6. Sample practice questions will be provided in advance to the participating team.
7. Students and chaperones should bring their own sharpened pencils and other stationary. Scratch paper will be provided.
8. Calculators will not be permitted for this event.